Hi, we are Masako & Erik, the couple behind Mountain Penguin.
Together, we have hiked…
Masako is the creator of all contents on Mountain Penguin website.
Unstoppable photo-taker wherever she goes, always chased by sorting out the hundreds of photos she takes a day.
An Enthusiast of moss and waterfalls.
Masako has walked…
- Shikoku 88+Bekkaku 20 Pilgrimage (四国八十八箇所霊場＆別格二十霊場)
- Shodoshima 88 Pilgrimage thru-hike (小豆島八十八箇所霊場)
- Kumano Kodo – Kohechi & Nakahechi (熊野古道 – 小辺路＆中辺路)
- Kumano Kodo – Iseji & Ohechi thru-hike (熊野古道 – 伊勢路＆大辺路 )
Erik is the resilient hiker who gets spider webs and tree branches on his face all the time.
Always geeking out about the latest gadgets and hiking/camping gear.
Most importantly, the patient husband who kindly stops every 5 minutes and makes whatever pose Masako tells him to for her millions of photos to post on Mountain Penguin website.
Erik has walked…
- Shikoku 88 pilgrimage (Three rounds, so far)
- Camino de Primitivo, Camino de Santiago to Finisterre and Camino de Dos Faros
- Houte Route Pyrenees thru-hike
- Pemigawasset Loop & Pemi Loop
- Ka’au Crater Loop thru-hike