Hi, we are Masako & Erik, the couple behind Mountain Penguin.
Together, we have hiked…
- 2020 July Shinetsu Trail (信越トレイル)
- 2020 September – October Kumano-Kodo – Iseji & Kohechi & Nakahechi (熊野古道 – 伊勢路＆小辺路＆中辺路)
- 2021 March – May Michinoku Coastal Trail (みちのく潮風トレイル)
- 2021 June – July Shionomichi Trail (塩の道トレイル)
- 2021 November Shodoshima 88 Pilgrimage thru-hike (小豆島八十八箇所霊場)
- 2022 April Kyoto Trail (京都一周トレイル)
- 2022 April – June Shikoku Pilgrimage (T88+B20) – Vol.1 (T1 – B6)
- 2022 August Tour du Mont Blanc
The resilient hiker who gets spider webs and tree branches on his face all the time.
Always geeking out about the latest gadgets and hiking/camping gear.
Most importantly, the patient husband who kindly stops every 5 minutes and makes whatever pose Masako tells him to for her millions of photos to post on the Mountain Penguin website.
The creator of all content on the Mountain Penguin website.
Unstoppable photo-taker wherever she goes, always chased by sorting out the hundreds of photos she takes a day.
An Enthusiast of moss and waterfalls.
Erik has walked…
- Shikoku 88 pilgrimage (Three rounds, so far)
- Camino de Primitivo, Camino de Santiago to Finisterre and Camino de Dos Faros
- Houte Route Pyrenees thru-hike
- Pemigawasset Loop & Pemi Loop
- Ka’au Crater Loop thru-hike
Masako has walked…
- Shikoku 88+Bekkaku 20 Pilgrimage (四国八十八箇所霊場＆別格二十霊場)
- Shodoshima 88 Pilgrimage thru-hike (小豆島八十八箇所霊場)
- Kumano Kodo – Kohechi & Nakahechi (熊野古道 – 小辺路＆中辺路)
- Kumano Kodo – Iseji & Ohechi thru-hike (熊野古道 – 伊勢路＆大辺路 )